Business & Technology Strategy
Aftermarket Auto Manufacturer | IT Roadmap
Liberty was asked to provide guidance and direction for the members of the IT organization, maintain uninterrupted IT system operations to ensure business continuity for the company and its customers, and facilitate a smooth transition for onboarding a permanent CIO.
Impact At A Glance
Oversaw operations after the departure of the company’s CIO while interviewing, hiring, and onboarding the permanent replacement.
Facilitated cutovers for new distribution centers and discovered resources to support the ERP’s legacy codebase while serving as interim CIO.
Go-forward ERP Strategy
Enabled the company to continue its growth trajectory while minimizing risk and additional investment over the period.
Liberty performed the buy-side due diligence for one of our Private Equity partners and identified an ERP built on a legacy codebase. We also identified a significant Key Person Risk associated with their current CIO. Post-Close, Liberty was engaged to perform a buy vs. build ERP strategy analysis and serve as interim CIO once the previous CIO announced their immediate departure. Liberty’s strategy allowed the company to stabilize the current ERP, minimizing investment during the hold period and allowing the client to continue its growth by opening new distribution centers.
The Business Problem
The client had an aggressive strategy of expanding its east coast footprint by entering new markets and developing distribution centers that allow inventory to be accessible in these markets. The company needed assistance in developing a go-forward IT strategy with a focus on its custom ERP platform, retaining the knowledge of its outgoing CIO/CTO, and assisting with its CIO’s hiring and transition process.
- Increased overall development capacity and knowledge base by engaging with a third-party professional development company.
- Delivered the Buy vs Build Strategy by partnering with the client and understanding their current state and future state based on business strategy.
- Increased visibility on system issues and change requests by creating a formalized structure for work intake by implementing a request process.
- Decreased disruption risk and increased visibility by formalizing the quality assurance, software deployment, and system conversion processes.
- Provided direction and knowledge in assisting with the current environment, which has experienced stability challenges.
- Increased data visibility by creating a separate reporting region that combined key purchasing/procurement data from the ERP disparate data sources.
- Mentored IT and ERP staff in areas of focus as needed.
Related Client Success Stories
See More Client Stories
Related Client Success Stories
View More Insights
Join Our Newsletter
Join our newsletter to stay informed about the latest industry trends, innovative solutions, and expert analyses. Receive valuable insights, thought leadership, and actionable strategies delivered directly to your inbox. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to elevate your business knowledge and be at the forefront of success. Subscribe now and empower your journey with Liberty’s trusted expertise.
With Our Deep Experience, Guaranteed Outcomes, and Tailored Approach, We Help Turn Our Clients' Ambitions Into Reality.
What Are Your Ambitions?