About the job
Are you a problem solver and up for a challenge? Join us.
Liberty Advisor Group is seeking individuals to join its technology strategy group. Within this group, you will work in small teams to rapidly review and analyze client technologies and how those technologies support its customers, suppliers, and internal operations. Ideal candidates will have a range of experience across concepts such as networking, cybersecurity, infrastructure (cloud and on-premises), custom software development, data, packaged software configuration/integration. Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Prior experience working with executive leadership teams (c-suite) and demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences a plus.
Liberty Advisor Group is a goal-oriented, client-focused, and results-driven consulting firm. We are a lean, handpicked team of strategists, technologists, and entrepreneurs – battle-tested experts with a steadfast, start-up attitude. We collaborate, integrate, and ideate in real-time with our clients to deliver situation-specific solutions that work. Liberty has been named as Great Place to Work, to the Best Places to Work in Chicago, and to FORTUNE’s list of Best Workplaces in Consulting and Professional Services.
- Aggregate data from disparate sources through data requests, interviews, and documentation review and identify disparities
- Review technical set up/configuration of technology to identify weak points with regard to cybersecurity and business continuity
- Work collaboratively with other Liberty team members to develop perspective on an organization’s existing use of technology
- Develop and document a point of view on improvements that should be made to the organization including the associated high-level costs
- Create executive level presentations that summarize findings, recommendations, and next steps to management teams and board representatives
- Ability to get “hands on” when necessary to help clients address problem areas and transition responsibilities once stabilized
- Critical thinking to create detailed level action / remediation plans to implement technical solutions
- Support sales/business development efforts as needed to successfully deliver new business into the firm
Ideal candidates will possess prior technical experience in several of the following areas:
- Exposure to public cloud infrastructure concepts (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud)
- Possess a level of understanding regarding intermediate level networking concepts (DNS, subnets, IP addressing, VLANs, Firewalls, etc.)
- Experience with assessing on-premises/co-located infrastructure (hardware, networking, virtualization, etc.) and evaluating migration to cloud-based infrastructure
- Understanding of software development methodologies and when it is appropriate to use each (e.g. waterfall, agile, scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Understanding of DevOps tools (source code management, Continuous Integration/Deployment, automation) and their role in custom software development
- Familiarity with a variety of data tools and databases (SQL, NoSQL, graph)
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity concepts including identity and access management, encryption, endpoint protection, monitoring/alerting, business continuity/disaster recovery, data privacy, etc.
- Experience working with packaged software products, including the implementation lifecycle, specifically configuration, integration, and data migration
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Sound decision making and critical thinking skills
- Expert organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent adaptable written and verbal skills, adaptable to variable audiences
- Comfort dealing with ambiguous situations and developing a plan to address
- High level of proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- The ability to credibly communicate technical detail regardless of level of expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients, management, and peers
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field is preferred though relevant career experience will be considered.
Travel Required: Up to 75%